We recently partnered with our friends Rapha and Outdoor Provisions to support their riders along the just-over 500km cycle rally between Edinburgh and Manchester.
The ride saw 100 participants (including our US team’s own Matt Liddle), follow a primarily off-road route through the Scottish borders and over the Pennines.
We ran one of three control points along the route on the second of the five days, providing respite and refreshments to participants (and even offering a tent to a couple who’d been forced out of their forest camp by midges on night one!)
We set up a rest area with cots, futons, and two Takibis, (one of which was covered by our Takibi Tarp Hexa M in case of adverse weather), plus a Glamberg shelter IGT, featuring an epic IGT set up which we used to serve coffee and ramen and Spicy Yaki Udon. Here is the recipe.
Spicy Yaki Udon recipe:
- Splash of sesame oil (and a drizzle for garnish
- 1x Tbsp chilli Rayu/chilli
- Splash of Soy Sauce
- Splash of Rice wine vinegar/cooking sake
- Fresh Chilli (optional) finely diced
- A portion of fresh/pre-cooked Udon noodles
- 1x tsp/small knob of grated ginger
- 1x tsp/2x cloves of garlic, minced
- A handful of spring onions finely chopped (save the greens as a garnish)
- Garnishes: (optional)
- Sesame seeds
- Dried nori seaweed flakes
Put a splash of sesame oil in a pan over a med/high heat and add in the garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt
Stir for a minute until aromatic, and then add spring onions and the chilli rayu
Cook for a moment and then add a splash of soy sauce and cooking sake
Infuse for 30 seconds to a minute, add the noodles and a splash of water, then cover and steam the noodles for around 2 minutes
Once the noodles begin to break up, stir together and serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, seaweed flakes and spring onion greens. Enjoy!